"The voyage of discovery is not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes."

membre 1 membre 1 membre 1


The International Student Week in Tunisia (ISWiT) is a student festival which will start this year in 2019 in the city of Djerba, Tunisia.

The Festival is open for students from all over the world. ISWiT's goal gathers over 150 young people, including participants, moderators and volunteers. The idea of the festival is to bind young people through working on several workshops. These workshops are created in order to cover all aspects of our society.

Through workshops, close communication and cooperation, interactive lectures and various open activities, students will be able to gain new knowledge and exchange ideas. They will also have an opportunity to establish professional contacts with eminent professors and professionals from different sectors and develop and create new projects by themselves..

During ISWIT 2019 we want to discuss these matters together with you. Our students’ conference will enable people to gather in an understanding and tolerant atmosphere for exchanging ideas in an open-minded dialogue. During workshops, discussions, lectures, group work, and personal conversations, you will have the chance to share arguments, experiences and ideas related to topics that matter to you. We want to discuss our role as responsible persons within society in order to develop solutions for existing problems and take responsibility together. We would like to focus on the idea that everyone can influence our future – and be the change.


About AJIZ

Because success starts with little but confident steps! “Young Engineers in Zarzis” is an active and dynamic association founded by engineering students in 2015. Our objectives are the main reason that keeps the association motivated and continually eager to create and to improve.

The first objective is to promote Zarzis and make it more dynamic and vivid place through events and local projects. Secondly, we aim to highlight and strengthen the position of engineers in Tunisia by involving engineers in projects and create a large engineering network.

Finally, we are determined to work more on effective communication internally and externally by working on training and competitions. Young Engineers in Zarzis is known for its active and professional members who reflect its success and improvement through the years.

About Tunisia

membre 1

One of the most popular tourist destinations in North Africa, Tunisia offers an incredibly diverse range of experiences. Along the Mediterranean coast, resort towns like Hammamet provide an abundance of sun and sea; while the southern Sahara is populated by dramatic desert landscapes, fascinating Berber villages and abandoned Star Wars sets. Tunisia's status during Roman times is evident in the well-preserved ruins at El Jem and Carthage, while Tunis offers all the cultural and culinary opportunities you'd expect from a major capital.


Tunisia is located in North Africa on the Mediterranean coast. It is bordered by Algeria to the west and Libya to the southeast.


With a total land mass of 59,984 square miles/155,360 square kilometers, Tunisia is slightly larger than the state of Georgia. It is mountainous in the north and extends into the Sahara Desert in the south.

Capital City

The capital of Tunisia is Tunis, located in the far north of the country.


According to a CIA World Factbook estimate, Tunisia's population stood at just over 11.4 million people in July 2017.


The official language of Tunisia is Arabic. French acts as a language of commerce and is spoken by around two thirds of the population, while Berber is the principal language of the south.


Tunisia's official religion is Islam and approximately 99% of the population identify as Sunni Muslims. The remaining 1% is made up by Christians, Jews and Shia Muslims.


Tunisia's currency is the Tunisian dinar; for accurate exchange rates, use this online converter.


Northern Tunisia has a Mediterranean climate with hot, dry summers and mild, rainy winters. The further south you go, the climate gets more arid; and in the southern desert, it is hot, dry and sunny all year round. Rainfall is almost non-existent, though winter nights in the desert can get chilly.

When to Go

As with many destinations, the weather usually determines the best time to travel to Tunisia. If you want to trek in the desert (which I highly recommend) the best time to go is late September to November and March to early May. It will still be chilly at night, but not quite freezing, and the days won't be too hot.
If you're headed for the beach and would like to avoid the crowds, May, June, and September are all perfect. Most tourists visit Tunisia in July and August when the sun shines every day, the swimming is perfect and the beach towns are filled with life.